Tuesday, February 16, 2010

14 Pounds in 12 Months?

One thing I realized from this past weekend is that to get to my goal of 200 miles, I'll need to shed some weight, both on the bike as well on as the body. I'm currently 184:

I'd like to get down to 170 by race day, which is probably a bit thin for somebody my height (6'1"), and body type (thick). I realized that my weight will fluctuate depending on the time of the year, but I'm hoping by chronicling my weekly weight loss/gain, it will only motivate me more.

I think just by upping my workout frequency, and doing some crosstraining, which will include running, road cycling, Ultimate frisbee, and maybe even some lifting, the weight should stay off. But I think to shed the 14 pounds, I'll need to curb some of my bad habits, namely beer. I think in general, I eat pretty healthy. But my one vice is beer. I doubt I can completely eliminate it from my diet, but I'm going to try and at least cut back. 

1 comment: